Want to have your band’s song featured in the upcoming film Full Throttle, earn a grand and some recording time?
Here’s how to enter…
- Listen to the current anthem as a frame of reference and watch the .
- Compose an original version of an anthem song OR submit an already composed song that fits the film’s theme. Your song needs to be a totally new version (your song cannot use any music or lyrics of current song). Keep in mind that the song is intended to be used in a mainstream feature film and is targeted at an audience between the ages of 16 and 24.
- Bands chosen as finalists will need to complete a Release Form and Performance Waiver prior to the event. Rebel Filmworks will not use the band’s song in any fashion until an agreement is signed.
- Submit your song on a CD along with the lyrics and band bio sheet to:
P.O. Box 65796
St. Paul, MN 55165
- If your song is one of the three (3) chosen, you will perform a minimum of one set, the last song of the set song needs to be designated for Full Throttle. Each band performing will earn $1000. Rights to the song will remain with performing band, although Rebel Filmworks will need to be granted authorization to use the winning song in conjunction to any purpose related to the production and distribution of the movie Full Throttle.
- The winner (as determined by Rebel Filmworks), in addition the $1000 all the bands receive, gets five (5) hours in Fuzzy Slippers Studio to record the song, the opportunity to have a cameo in “Full Throttle” and have their song featured in the movie.
- Additional Contest Rules: Original compositions only, no derivatives or sampled works allowed. Band needs to grant Rebel Filmworks rights to use winning song for any purpose for the production and marketing of Full Throttle. Band takes full responsibility for the originality of the work. Format of submission will be in CD form or via email submission to: . Lyrics will be free of profanity and vulgarities. Band bio will be required with all submissions. Video submissions not allowed. Age requirement — Must be at least 18 years old at time of submission.
Here’s the movie trailer…
Meanwhile, all entries must be submitted by Saturday, August 22nd, 2009, so get off your computer and write that next hit song.
More info here.